Interview with a Whale Hunting Woman
Last week I reviewed Barbara Weaver Smith's book, Whale Hunting Women. Shortly afterward, I had a delightful conversation with her about how women (including self employed solo-preneurs) are uniquely qualified to seek and get business from much larger organizations.
You, lucky you, can listen in on the conversation or download the interview here (http://www.shaboominc.com/blog/downloads/whale-hunters.mp3). And for your edification, I asked Maggie to write up some of the highlights.
- There are lots of additional resources (free) at Barbara's Web site, thewhalehunters.com
- Why women are uniquely qualified to seek and get business from organizations that are up to ten times the size of their own business.
- How to use the book to seek and get significant business (instead of just thinking about how cool it would be).
- The most important thing to remember (that we usually forget) when it comes to dealing with fear that we can't hold our own with the "big kids."
- The three core principles of Whale Hunting that women happen to rock at.
- What the self employed woman might not realize about bureaucracy in her own business (and why it matters)
- Why whales are scared. (!)
- What to say when you price work by the project, not the hour.
- The importance of collaboration.
A special note for all blog visitors -
To learn about Whale Hunting Women & to order your copy today, visit http://cli.gs/WHWEbook
Thank you for visiting this post about Barbara Weaver Smith and Whale Hunting Women. Two people who comment during the tour will be entered a giveaway – post a comment on any post about the tour and you will be entered. The winners will win a three-volume audio set of Whale Hunters Wisdom. Volumes include I: Mind of a Hunter, II: The Hunt, and III: The Whale Hunting Culture ($90 value).
Barbara Weaver Smith’s website - http://www.thewhalehunters.comBarbara Weaver Smith’s blog - http://blog.thewhalehunters.com