Perry uses more than 600 hours of intensive research and interviews to challenge the validity of President Bush’s decision to deny federal funding for embryonic stem cell research.
Readers can visit various web sites (blogs) from Sept. 3-27 to learn more about Right to Recover and ask the author questions about stem cell research. Right to Recover (Nightengale Press) contains insights from dozens of researchers, doctors, and political and religious figures, as well as stories from patients who hope to transform their lives through stem cell implants.
The 333-page book, which arrives in bookstores on Oct. 1, 2007, explores the research being done using stem cells derived from in vitro fertilized eggs on laboratory animals and presents findings to support its curative potential on humans.
The book has been endorsed by organizations such as Cure Paralysis Now, the Christopher Reeve Foundation, and Parkinson’s foundations from several states.
Dates and locations for Perry’s virtual book tour are
- Sept. 3 – The Writer’s Life at http://www.thewriterslife.blogspot.com/.
- Sept. 4 – Pump Up You Online Book Promotion at http://www.pumpupyouronlinebookpromotion.blogspot.com/.
- Sept. 5 – Family, Fun and Faith at http://communati.com/main/blog/familyfunandfaith.
- Sept. 6 – Plug Your Book at http://www.plugyourbook.blogspot.com/.
- Sept. 7 – Be My Guest! at http://www.bloggingauthors.blogspot.com
- Sept. 10 – The Story Behind the Books at http://www.thestorybehindthebooks.blogspot.com
- Sept. 11 – Start with the Facts at http://startwithfacts.blogspot.com
- Sept. 13 – Start at the Beginning at http://startatbeginning.blogspot.com/.
- Sept. 17 – Straight from the Author’s Mouth at http://www.straightfromtheauthorsmouth.blogspot.com
- Sept. 18 – Inspired Author Self Promotion at http://inspiredauthor.com/v3/node/12
- Sept. 20 – Author Talks at http://www.authortalks.blogspot.com/.
- Sept. 24 - Cheryl Malandrinos at http://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com
- Sept. 25 – Judge Cover at http://judgebookbycover.blogspot.com
- Sept. 26 – Publishing Secrets for Authors at http://www.publishingsecretsofauthors.blogspot.com
- Sept. 27 – Muze’s Musings at http://www.muzesmusings.blogspot.com
“Right to Recover is a thought provoking book that puts stem cell research in layman’s terms,” said Perry, host of the weekly Internet podcast, Writers in the Sky. “It also addresses the political and religious issues surrounding blastocyst (embryonic) stem cell research and gives a logical appeal to those who are straddling the fence. It corrects inaccurate information being spread by misinformed politicians and religious leaders. More than 500 organized groups are in favor of overturning the Bush prohibition on federal funding.”
Perry’s book reveals that
- The removal of one stem cell does not necessarily damage a 32-cell blastocyst (frozen embryo).
- Unlike adult stem cells, embryonic stem cells can replicate themselves to become any type of cell in the body.
- A blastocyst, which is created in a test tube, cannot become a human until it is implanted in a uterus.
- Many frozen embryos are never used and later destroyed.
- Many Biblical scriptures, including Ephesians 2:10, support stem cell research.
“While working with Reverend Dan Bloodworth of the Brian Bloodworth Stoke and Head Injury Research Foundation, I became keenly aware of, and very interested in, the healing potential of blastocyst (also known as embryonic) stem cell research,” Perry added. “President Bush’s decision to veto the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act of 2005 had a heartbreaking impact on members of our society who have physical and medical disabilities.His decision and the mindset of the misinformed right-wing ultra-orthodox party must be challenged if our society is to benefit from blastocystic stem cell biotechnology.”
The author dedicates chapters to defining the separation of church and state, rebutting President Bush’s statement in opposition to stem cell research, and dismissing any link between stem cell biology and cloning. More than half of the book is dedicated to better understanding, research findings, the significance of federal funding, possible cures, and testimonials.
Right to Recover includes quotes from some of the world’s leading medical professionals. Stem cell biologist Dr. John A. Kessler says that “illnesses such as heart attacks, diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, spinal-cord injury, and many others will be treatable.” Stephen Hawking, a leading scientist who suffers from motor-neurone disease, says that “banning the use of stem cells from human embryos is the equivalent of opposing the use of donated organs from dead people.”
Actor Christopher Reeve noted before his death that “stem cells have already cured paralysis in animals.” In a letter to Don C. Reed, Reeve wrote, “One day, Roman (Reed’s son) and I will stand up from our wheelchairs and walk away from them forever.”
Reverend Dan Bloodworth endorsed the book, writing, “Over the years I have read literally thousands of articles and documents from around the world about the subject, and Right to Recover is the most complete work I have ever read.”
Perry is a freelance writer, ghostwriter, speaker and author who enjoys writing about topics that inspire excellence and uplift the spirit. She has authored 11 children’s e-books known as The Sid Series; the humorous book E-Mail Episodes, and the book More Than Meets the Eye: True Stories about Death, Dying and Afterlife. As the founder of Write On! Creative Writing Services, she has personally co-written, edited, ghosted or formatted more than 20 books for customers. She also writes and/or develops articles, biographies, brochures, press releases, web text, and newsletters.
Perry earned a bachelor’s degree in metaphysics from the American Institute of Holistic Theology in Birmingham, Ala. Right to Recover retails for $19.95.
For more information about Perry or her new book, call (615) 884-1224, send an e-mail to email@example.com, or visit http://www.yvonneperry.net.