What Do Readers See On Your Author Website
Take a fresh look at your website.
- What do your visitors see?
- Does it have an appealing appearance?
- Did you use “friendly” or “harsh” colors?
- Do your pages load quickly or do they move slow with dial up service?
- Can visitors navigate through your site easily or is it confusing?
- Is your contact information available?
- Does your site “teach” your visitors anything?
What Does Your Author Website Offer
The first item to consider is – What do your visitors get from yourwebsite? Do you offer things they can use? Find items, details and articles that are useful for your target market. To do this, you need to determine what type of people make up your target market.
Learn To Determine Your Target Audience For Your Books
Who do you want to attract to your site? Many people say they want to attract “everybody”. It’s more complicated to attract “everybody”. A good approach is to determine what sort or category of people would be attracted to your books. Then, include bonus items, articles, links to helpful info or anything else that would be helpful to your visitors.
Many times people will share your website link with their friends when you have helpful and interesting information. This will help you find ways to give visitors information about your books and encourage them to return. It will help you draw their interest and convince them to buy your books.
Nikki Leigh - Fiction and Non Fiction
Author of the Book Promo 101 Series